Founded in 2012 by major industry leaders such as Baosteel, BHP Billiton, China Minmetals, Glencore, Rio Tinto, Vale and Valin Steel, globalORE is the world’s leading trading platform for physical iron ore with over 310 Million tonnes transacted since inception.
Headquartered in Singapore, globalORE services are tailored to meet the needs of raw materials buyers and sellers in the real economy, and the data generated via its trading platform underpins some of today’s most widely referenced iron ore indices.
Job Overview – Iron Ore Junior Broker
You will be joining the Front Office team assisting in iron ore brokering and will serve as a primary point of contact for steel mills, miners and trading houses.
Requirements and Duties
- Good understanding of the iron ore physical market with core focus on China.
- Providing superior quality, value-added timely service to clients’ needs.
- Daily insights into developing market trends/news and sharing amongst team members.
- Maintain good customer relationships and continual gathering of procurement needs and suppliers’ availability. Strong follow up and negotiation skills required.
- Modelling of trends using publicly sourced data for analysis of price, demand and supply of iron ore.
- Introduced globalORE services to potential new customers.
- Assist in ad hoc projects and tasks.
- Travelling will be required for this role from time to time.
- 0-2 years of work experience with physical iron ore experience and contacts considered a plus
- Understanding of the commodities markets, derivatives and how co-related are the different market segments are to price movements.
- Team player who is driven and self-motivated with attention to detail and strong numeracy.
- Ability to speak and write mandarin is essential due to the nature of the market. Excellent communication skill will be preferred.
- Singaporeans or Permanent Residents only
- 25 days annual leave
- Health insurance and dental
- Attractive annual bonus based on company and individual performance
Application deadline: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 29th 2024